Hospital Financial Data
- Purpose: To analyze the finances of Rhode Island's community hospitals and healthcare systems
- Key Information: Financial data from Audited Financial Statements and Medicare Cost Reports
- Collection Period: 2002 to present
Rhode Island Numbers
- In 2008, the financial ‘health’ of RI’s hospitals deteriorated.
Statewide profitability declined from
3.5% to 0.1%, and net worth fell 12%.
- In FY 2007 (the most recent year for comparable
data), RI’s hospitals’ financial condition was relatively
favorable. Statewide, they were more profitable
than hospitals in the Northeast (3.5% vs
2.7%), and their net assets grew faster (15% vs
- Rhode Island’s 13 private non-profit hospitals are
a $3.0b dollar industry comprising 5.8% of the
Gross State Product (in 2008).(more)