Hospital Patient Data
- Purpose: To monitor health trends and healthcare which would be evidenced by hospital treatment.
- Key Information: Clinical diagnoses, patient demographics, cesarean section information and hospital charges for patients of the emergency room, under observation or admitted
- Collection Period: 1990 to most recent period of data available: for inpatient, 2005 to most recent for non-admitted patients.
Rhode Island Numbers 2003
- There were 126,784 discharges (non-newborn) with 689,249 days of care.
- The statewide occupancy rate was 59.6% for licensed beds and 77.4% for staffed beds.
- The average length of stay was 5.4 days.
- Rhode Island’s hospital discharge rate was 1,144.9 per 10,000 population, less than the United
States rate of 1,199.7 (more)
Hospital Discharge Rate by Selected First-Listed
Source: Ultilization of Rhode Island Hospitals, 2003 page 15