Older Adult Falls (65+)
- Purpose: To determine population trends and impact of falls on older Rhode Islanders (age 65+)
- Key Information: Number of fatal and non-fatal falls.
Rhode Island Numbers
Full Screen / Data
Hospitalizations and Fatal Falls
- The Rhode Island rate of hospitalizations and fatal falls for older adults is higher than the national rate.
Older Adult Falls (65+) By Gender, Rhode Island
- Men have a higher rate of fatal falls than women.
- Women have a higher rate of fall hospitalizations than men.
Older Adults (65+) by Age Group
- Hospitalizations and deaths from falls increases dramatically as the population ages.
Injury was listed as the primary reason for emergency department visit or death.
Rates based on less than 10 events have been suppressed.