Electronic Test Ordering & Reporting Interface Grant
To establish electronic test ordering and resulting interfaces between the Rhode Island State Health Laboratory and their clients who submit specimens for testing.
- Rhode Island healthcare providers who submit at least 500 specimens per year to the Rhode Island State Health Laboratory for testing are eligible to apply.
- Proposed work must establish an electronic test ordering interface with the Rhode Island State Health Laboratory as described in Rhode Island State Health Laboratory ’s Cerner Foreign Systems Interfaces Order Message Processing Inbound document available to approved grantees on request.
- Electronic submission of at least one successful test order and concomitant receipt of the resulting report are required for funding.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a first come, first serve basis. Applicants will be notified if application has been approved.
- Work must be completed and invoiced prior to June 20th, 2013.
- No costs will be reimbursed beyond August 15th, 2013. If successful electronic submission of a test order and concomitant receipt of the resulting report is not completed by that date, no costs will be reimbursed.
- The Rhode Island State Health Laboratory will supply an approval notice that must be submitted with the invoice.
- Maximum grant amount is $4999.00.
- Funding is limited. Awards will be made on a first come, first serve basis.
- It is anticipated that a maximum of six awards will be made.
Reports of Economic Impact
- Grantees must designate a person to report hours by person per project into a template provided by Health Department on a quarterly basis until project completion. (This reporting is to track the jobs retained or created by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 which provided the funding for these grants.
- Awards are cost reimbursement and made only when successful Electronic Testing and Ordering Resulting Interface is established and approved.
- Upon completion of work and establishment of a successful test order and result, an invoice should be submitted to Ronald Gonsalves, Jr., Rhode Island State Health Laboratory, 50 Orms St, Providence RI 02904. The invoice should be accompanied by the approval notice from Rhode Island State Health Laboratory.
- Documentation of all expenses as related to work plan must be provided with the invoice, including backup documentation for administrative time in the budget line application to be submitted.