Shellfish Business


  • Renewal notices are sent out 60 days before your expiration date.
    Renew Online

Renewal Card Print Delay

RIDOH has been temporarily unable to print any licenses or certificates since December 11, 2017. Until printing resumes, facility or professional licenses can be verified real-time online.

How to get licensed

You need a licensee if you intend to: shuck, repack, ship or reship shellfish in Rhode Island. If you have a new, substantially renovated (more than 50% of the value of the establishment), or unlicensed facility, you need to present your building and operations plan to us for review and approval – in addition to your business application. If you have any questions call the Center for Food Protection at 401-222-2749.