Oral health is an important component of overall health. Keeping your teeth, mouth, and gums clean and healthy can help you avoid disease and maintain good health throughout your lifetime.
What You Should Do
- Practice good oral hygiene. more
- Make sure you are drinking fluoridated water. more
- Know how to prevent and respond to injuries to the mouth and face. more
- If recommended, have sealants applied to your child's teeth at the dentist or through a school-based dental program.
- Find dental services in your community and visit the dentist regularly. more
What We Are Doing
We work with a professional advisory council, the Rhode Island Oral Health Commission, and workforce and community partners to plan, implement, and evaluate population-based oral disease prevention and health promotion programs in Rhode Island. more