Asbestos Control Program
To protect the Rhode Island public from exposures to carcinogenic airborne asbestos
What We Do
- Develop procedures to ensure that abatement activities are performed in a safe manner;
- Prioritize school inspections located in Environmental Justice Areas as defined by Environmental Protection Agency;
- Identify and abate asbestos hazards in schools and other regulated buildings;
- Certify and license of asbestos training courses, analytical labs, consultants and competent persons, abatement contractors, asbestos abatement contractors, site supervisors, and asbestos workers.
- Conduct audits of certified training providers;
- Perform technical review of asbestos abatement/management plans;
- Conduct outreach activities.
- Oversee asbestos abatement planning;