HIV/AIDS Surveillance Program
To monitor the number and transmission of new HIV/AIDS cases and to assess the disease impact among at-risk populations.
What we do
- Collect data
from all HIV testing venues, and HIV testing reports.
- Monitor the changes in the disease transmission among people at high risk for HIV/AIDS infection,
- Identify HIV/AIDS cases of public health importance, including peri-natal cases to better understand the disease impact.
- Collaborate with other Department of Health programs on projects that contribute to decreasing HIV/AIDS morbidity and mortality in Rhode Island.
- Work closely with Rhode Island healthcare providers to capture case-related data from new and existing HIV/AIDS cases.
- De-identify data to be analyzed, or shared in any way to protect patient confidentiality.
- Publish an Epidemiological Profile annually to identify target populations.