Hospital Preparedness Program
To create and promote a state of readiness and prompt response to protect Rhode Island's healthcare system during an emergency.
What we do
- Maintain and improve the health system capacity and capability to respond to all hazards involving any of Rhode Island’s hospitals, health centers, nursing homes, or assisted living residences.
- Test communication interoperability at facilities.
- Develop the Public Health Emergency Management Suite with components such as the Patient Tracking System.
- Promote health system and community all-hazards preparedness through education, financial assistance, and training.
- Integrate statewide preparedness activities at the facility level.
- Plan and help facilities plan for emergency evacuation, and fatality management, patient decontamination
- Ensure that facilities account for the special needs of people with disabilities.