Radon Control Program
To protect Rhode Islanders from lung cancer due to radon exposure by ensuring that no homes, schools, or other high priority public buildings have unacceptable radon levels.
What we do
- Implement and enforce the mandatory radon testing and mitigation requirements for public and high priority buildings;
- Certify, and control quality of the licensed radon professional infrastructure;
- Promote radon testing and mitigation in residential properties through education and outreach campaigns;
- Promote radon resistant new construction in homes, schools and public buildings;
- Manage and maintain a comprehensive radon database of public/high priority and residential test results.
- Collaborate with and supports the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's initiative, Protecting People and Families from Radon: A Federal Action Plan for Saving Lives.