Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program
To safeguard the health of low-income women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutrition risk.
What we do
- Assess the nutritional status of our participants
- Provide provides checks for healthy foods based on the clients’ nutritional needs.
- Educate mothers and families on healthy eating, and referrals to health care.
- Expand the use of the fruit and vegetable vouchers to allow its use at WIC approved Farmer's markets statewide.
- Offer referrals to needed medical and social services in the community;
- Support breastfeeding mothers with a medical necessity, or upon returning to work or school, by providing free hospital-grade, electric breast pumps.