No, there is no large storm predicted. Happy April Fools!!
Gardening can be a great way to get physical activity, and to supply you and your family with fresh vegetables. more Start in your backyard or check with your local city or town or land trust to see if garden plots are available. You might want to become a Master Gardener to develop your skills.
- Bike: Try out a bike path on the weekend or commute to work. more In Rhode Island you can take your bike on the bus to give you more travel options. more
- Fly a Kite. Breezy spring days are great for kite flying. On days with little wind you may end up moving more by running to release your kite.
- Walk or Hike. Temperatures are starting to warm up. Go for a walk after dinner instead of watching television. Check out a trail in one of Rhode Islands State Parks. more
- Join a team or a club. Remember that teams are not just for kids. Many municipalities have recreational opportunities for adults.
Safe Spring Cleaning
Cleaning with non-toxic cleaners is a great way to clean your home, protect your health, and manage health conditions like asthma. Use easy, inexpensive, and non-polluting recipes during your spring cleaning. more
Play it safe
- Remember to wear your sunscreen during the spring to block UVA and UVB rays. more
- Watch out for ticks in woods and fields more
- Protect yourself from mosquitoes more
- Avoid poison ivy more
Keep your Pets safe
- Get your outdoor pets vaccinated for rabies. Many communities host low-cost rabies clinics in the spring.
- Be aware that dogs can get lyme disease but there is a vaccine for them.