HIV Prevention Cooperative Agreement
To reduce the number of new HIV/AIDS cases in Rhode Island.
What we do
- Give special consideration to reduce the number of new cases is given to communities of color due to the disproportionately high rates of HIV/AIDS.
- Provide community support for HIV testing; health education and risk reduction counseling; prevention for people living with HIV that are culturally and linguistically appropriate.
- Evaluate and monitor prevention programs for accuracy, completeness, and effectiveness.
- Report outcomes on a yearly basis.
- Provide consultant services in evaluation, community planning facilitation, and capacity building.
- Counsel and refer the partners of all new HIV/AIDS cases, and help locate and post test counseling of new index cases.