Center for Public Health Communication
To partner with department divisions, centers, and programs to turn data into compelling information, helping Rhode Islanders to make educated health decisions.
What We Do
- Provide strategic guidance and technical assistance in the development of program and Department communications.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure the implementation of Department communication policies.
- Help ensure that program messages and tone are aligned with the Department's priorities and communication guidelines.
- Use and maximize the Department's communication tools strategically to disseminate public health messages.
- Provide a high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Coordinate a multi-lingual single point of telephone entry for the Department. We can take calls Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM., in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Our number is 401-222-5960 / RI Relay 711. During public health emergencies, we activate a separate Emergency Information Line at 401-222-8022.
- Print and provide finishing services (e.g. folding, binding, drilling, cutting) for Department staff as well as customers from other state agencies.
- Work with the media to inform the public, write press releases, organize press events, and respond to media inquiries.
- Oversee website and web page development and design.
- Receive, store, and distribute educational materials and coordinate mass mailings. more
- Coordinate translation requests and review translations.
- Ensure adherence to national standards for cultural competence and language access in collaboration with the Department's CLAS standards workgroup.